Pumpkin Spice Granola
Updated: Dec 24, 2022
This festive fall granola is the perfect topper to some yogurt, or can be taken on the go for a quick and easy snack. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and nightshade free.
243 grams Oats (rolled)
120 grams Walnuts (chopped)
56 grams Pumpkin Seeds
26 grams Ground Flax Seed
2 grams Sea Salt
1 gram Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 gram Cinnamon
59 milliliters Coconut Oil
100 grams Maple Syrup
82 grams Pureed Pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seed, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir well to mix.
3. In a pot, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and pureed pumpkin. Place over medium-low heat and whisk until all ingredients are well distributed and it is warmed through (about 2 to 5 minutes). Pour it over the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. Spread across the baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Rotate the pan at the halfway point. (Note: Don't stir as this will break up the clusters.)
4. Remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely. It may seem wet, but it will crisp up as it cools.
5. Divide into bowls or store sealed in a jar until ready to use. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Stores well in an airtight container up to a week. Freezes well for longer.
No Walnuts: Use pecans or slivered almonds instead.
Nut-Free: Skip the nuts and add extra pumpkin seeds.
Serve it With: Oatmeal, yogurt, almond milk and/or chopped apples with cinnamon.
Optional Add-Ins: Raisins, dried cranberries, berries or coconut flakes.